old faces, new places
[html]

This sucks a little ;_;
Word Count: 514

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

They had a conversation before he arrived, but for once he did not care that he was interrupting. Asha replied to Nayati's question, and Dawali simply nodded in agreement. Though, he would be the one to know, her sentence summed it up nicely. It was good time, and better, now that hehad this one to rely on. The Chief could not decide whether he saw the male as a son, or a friend, or both, but he certainly was proud to see the impressive male he had grown into. Much like the feeling he had gotten when getting his first glance of Asha after a long time alone in these lands, Dawali felt his chest wanting to puff out, and the grin would not stay off his muzzle. One of his rusty hands patted the pale male on the shoulder again, his glance moving from his daughter to his friend and back and forth again. He was lucky, this red wolf, for he had gained two individuals that he cared for, and in a short span of time. But, he would not get over-excited yet. He wanted to know if Nayati was here to stay, or simply visiting. Selfishly, the Chief hoped that he had abandoned the mother tribe to aid their little one, but whether this was even a possibility he could not know. He did not know what kind of a relationship Nayati had with the Chief of the larger tribe, nor what relationships he had there in general. If he had a mate, he would want to ocme back. Thinking this, Dawali realized that there were just too many things he did not know. So many questions! And they could not stand around here all day, either.

Deciding to voice his question in a joke, he smiled and bumped the male's shoulder. "So, you have come to help me hunt, eh? I tell you, around here I am one of the better individuals to handle a bow, and that is saying something! From an AniWayan point of view, Dawali was less than spectacular with the weapon, but around here he was one of the few who could aim and make the shot. Even hit stuff! They would probably drop their jaws to the ground when they saw this young one in action, though. He was far better than the red wolf, as many were.

A breeze flew past him, and Gvihita landed silently (as silent as a big eagle can be) on his shoulder and kept her eyes on their guest. The Chief sensed nothing from her, but then again he never understood her anyway. Glancing at her with a curious face, he gave his attention back to the male and his daughter. "Well we can't stay here all day. Let's show you around, and more importantly; we need to get you some food!" He moved his hand as if to say "follow me" and took some steps towards his horse, intending to lead her along as they made their way to the village. Still, he was grinning. Silly old Dawali.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread