Peace, calm, tranquility
[html]

500+ words. Aww, poor Vigibutt. ;-; He's not a "lowly wolf" - he's not even a wolf! xD

The Constable did not appreciate the fact that they were speaking in the language he did not understand, as it made him feel completely idiotic. He should know what they were saying; this man was an intruder on the pack's territory and he'd just been touching a leader's mate. Granted, he could not expect the man to know that she was mated to a leader, but it could be figured out. She smelled heavily of him, he knew (something he liked, just as he smelled of her), and his scent lingered heavily on the borders along with that of the King. Vigilante spent a great deal of time patrolling the borders and he would not believe for even a moment that this man could not determine that the borders were marked. Evidently, he did not care, something that was most certainly punishable in most packs. Here, as well, but he did not know what he should do. His internal instincts told him to chase off the intruder, but the tone of his love's voice made him wait.

"I was looking for you, actually. Nothing important, I just thought that we might spend some time together, since Leroy has Mara and Kable today," he added as an explanation, though it was not as if they never spent time together. It was just difficult to be alone together with two young pups running around. This was an unexpected turn of events, however, and the muscled dog mutt studied the man silently. Vigilante was taller than him, and though he knew his muscles were partially hidden by the masses of long, thick fur, he could see that he had those over the other man, as well as his height. He did not plan to fight the strange man, but he would if he absolutely had to, and he feared it would come to that soon if no one explained to him what was going on. If they had simply spoken English together, it would have been better all around. Vigilante would have known what was happening immediately, and perhaps he would not have felt such jealousy and the territorial feelings would not have been as high.

The fact that he was her brother did not change much, although he was a bit less angry about the man touching her. It still did not make everything right, however, and he did not like the hesitation in her voice when she called him her mate. Was it possible that she was. . . Ashamed of being his mate? It was unexpected, but he supposed it was always possible. His pride would not allow him to show them how sharp those words had cut him. "Why did he not call for you at the borders?" he asked calmly, looking to his mate. The man, whether he was her brother or not, had trespassed. Not only had he trespassed into the territory, but he had also come very close to Vigilante's home, which triggered more in the way of defensive feelings. "I am afraid that you will have to explain, as I do not understand at the moment," he added, muscles tensing. What it was that she wanted him to understand was easy enough to grasp, but he wanted more than "he's my brother."

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread