don't let me drag you down here to my level
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kka4-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
300+

She felt weak, so weak, and she hated it. He hadn't only dominated and broken her body but he had broken her psyche as well. The images that had just plagued her unconscious mind would return, she knew that. She would be reliving the attack more than once. So eager she had been, to spend time away from the clan to get acclimated, and now look where it had gotten her. In that moment she felt that everyone had been right and she had been wrong. She had paid for her hope of a better world with her blood and gained nothing. The logical part of her brain knew that this wasn't true, that the male that had attacked her had just been one of the bad ones, but that part of her was smothered underneath the trauma and the wildly flying emotions. Her world had been upturned the moment his claws had ripped her flesh.

Gabriel's presence both comforted and disturbed her. Rikka was thankful, moreso than she could express, and yet with the weakness she felt she was certain he must find her some disgusting creature. He hated weakness. Inferni hated weakness, and at the moment she felt nothing but weak. His soft whine was unexpected, and she carefully opened her bleary ears to look at him. There was only concern in his eyes, not disgust. In that moment she loved her brother more than she had loved any member of her family. Her gaze moved to the bottle he indicated and she nodded her head. Using her good arm, she slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position, a grimace on her face. Taking the bottle she tipped it to her lips and let the scorching liquid run down her throat. The burn felt good, and distracted her from the burning in her muscles and bones.

After taking a couple more long swigs she set the bottle down and slumped against the wall of the den, breathing now deep and regular. Silence reigned for a moment or two more before she finally was able to find her voice to speak, however hoarsely. "I...I didn't do anything. He just...came after me..." Rikka had only been taking a walk in the woods. That was all.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread