thread title missing
[html]
Legacy had never really tried drawing. Whenever she put pen to paper or finger to sand, she always found herself writing. Her script had at first been plain and simple, an imitation of book-pages - but then on seeing a particular embossed cover one day, the girl's eyes had been opened to all sorts of different ways you could set out letters - curly, joined, rounded, slanted... but always the familiar alphabetical forms. Her brother's abstract, elaborate lines were unique. Their mother could definitely have been said to pass down her creativity, Legacy thought. She'd like a tattoo like hers, one day. Not exactly the same, though. It would have to be something personal. The idea of carrying beautiful things around all the time, as a part of your very self, greatly appealed to her. A finger trailed a particular loop of the carving, eyes following its curving path before lifting to look at her brother. "Do you miss living there?" She'd never been to Awenasa, but had heard plenty about it.

At Endymion's question her eyes lowered a little. "I'm okay. Things have been a little weird lately, but I guess it's nothing that I'm not getting used to..." She'd had a particularly idyllic start to life. It made some of the harder facts a little, well, harder to take. She wasn't sure she liked the fact that she was supposedly getting used to the idea of violence and prejudice, though. Maybe she should be doing something about it, she considered - but what could one so helpless do except become another victim through trying? There were plenty of good people in the world... but that only made it worse, in some ways, because it meant there were more to be hurt, and who knew who would be next. For now, she would just have to put her whole heart into making sure those close to her were safe. She was so thankful she had a family, that she was loved and had them to love back, for the other side looked cold and empty. But it was fragile, living like this, with ties and bonds of love and friendship. It was safe to say that she shared his fears; and they haunted her in much the same way. Perhaps it was the simplest solution, to just let go, to not care. But that was a road Legacy would never be capable of.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread