And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

I modeled their sleeping position on my dog. XD When she sleeps in my bed she curls up against my back or right next to my hip, depending on how I'm sleeping. A note to everyone else, the angsty nightmare was also scripted occ. Yes it is Sue-ish, but I'm sadistic.

Word count: 452

Leah nodded politely, and a little akwardly, at Yumiko's thanks. She then inched a little closer to Anne and sprawled out on her side. Anne moved to curl up against the small of Leah's back. In a few short moments, she was asleep.

The scents of herbs permeated her sleep, but they weren't anything Yumiko would have on hand. Wolfsbane, Nightshade, Foxglove, Hemlock, Yew, Deathcap...

****Sometime before Midnight****

The sun tore across the clearing and plucked mischievously at the flowers. She was in the Lupus form, but she swore it was smaller than when she fell asleep. She was up to her chest in the tall grass. The collar around her neck jingled when she moved. In the shade of the trees, the covered wagons echoed emptily the cry of the wind.

You can’t escape us, Laelia.

Suddenly she stood in her optime, beside a river frothing madly with the spring rains. On the far side was a mirror image of herself, but delicate in the way long illness marks those so afflicted. He carried himself with an arrogance and fire, like a king dealing with an unruly servant. Behind him a pack of wolves paced restlessly, indistinct as mist.

“Curly?” Her throat closed up. He glanced for a moment at her hands, but she couldn’t tear her gaze away from his.

He tilted his head to the side coyly, mockingly. “Tell me, Laelia…” His flesh began to bloat and swell like a drowned corpse. The almost-wolves milled madly behind him.

“Tell me…” The fleshless bones fixed her with their eternal grin.

“How does it feel to be a murderer?”
She looked down at her hands… and began to scream.

A piercing scream rent the darkness. Anne dragged herself out of sleep and focused on the source of the sound.

”I can’t get it off… I can’t get it off!”

For a moment Anne was stunned beyond reaction. Leah was in her optime form, pressed against the opposite wall and scrubbing at her hands with drunken movements. Her claws were unsheathed, and the flesh shredded easily under the frantic pressure. Blood ran scarlet rivulets down her arms and dripped off her elbows to puddle at her feet.

“I can’t -”
Anne shifted faster than she shuld have; she felt a sharp flash of pain shoot through her skull. She grabbed the other girl’s wrists, drawing out an anguished cry – she wasn’t sure whose. Leah stared blankly at her, halted... for the moment.

"Anne?"

Leah whimpered, burying her face in Anne's shoulder. She clung to her like she was afraid she would disappear if she let go. Anne found herself rubbing Leah's back, whispering words that she wouldn't remember later. It didn't occur right then that they might wake their host.

<style type="text/css">
.Aneira001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#45300f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Aneira001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.Aneira001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Aneira001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#9b8a5c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ira001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
Forgive me, people. Sadistic I may be... horror writer I am not. ;D

Messages In This Thread