And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

Aneira

Leah snorted softly, causing Anne to jump in her sleep. Brave? She wasn't brave, any more than her weak brother had been. She was tied to sanity by one person and one person alone, unwitting though she was.

She smiled quietly at the older woman's next words. "I usually can forget for a time, but I can't help my dreams." Her brother didn't want to leave her in peace, it seemed. The dying fire was letting the chill seep back into the night air, and the younger blonde whimpered softly. She shifted until she was sprawled out in her side, her back pressed against the red wolfess for warmth.

Leah's ears twitched a little at Yumiko's touch and words, but she didn't pull away. She looked at her with somthing akin to bewilderment, perhaps closer to awe. Her features melted into a strange hybrid of a cynical, hopeful expression, as if the fighter and child within her could not come to concensus on how she should be feeling. "If you can listen without judging... you have a gift.[b]

She paused, glancing thoughtfully at the lightly snoring Anne. Should she trust this woman? She wanted to trust people; wanted it so badly she could taste it. Perhaps she could finally try this time? [b]"My brother died before we left; Anne was accused of the murder." She finally met the older female's eyes. "...We hardly knew each other - I regret that now." She idly traced patterns into the packed earth floor, then when she glanced down angrily obliviated the vaguely star-shaped flower she had unconsiously sketched.

"But I know Anne didn't do it. She's just to charismatic for her own good."[b] She chuckled, her tone more befitting the telling of some fond childhood memory. [b]"Had the entire camp twisted around her fingers when we were kids." Anne twitched in her sleep, perhaps responding to Leah's oddly tense tone. Leah smoothed her fur again until she stilled. "When we were younger, she followed the outer patrol, even though she wasn't supposed to. I was... busy that day, and didn't realize she had left. Of course, that would be the one day that they ran into trouble, with her right in the middle of everything." She laughed again. I swear the whole battalion came swooping down on those poor dogs. Her eyes become more serious. "Of course, the bosses don't like this. Nearly a whole pack of highly trained storm troopers come running when a little girl howls for them. Just asking for an uprising."

"So they framed her." She gently ruffled Anne's hair, a tender and oddly guilty look on her face. "After all, murdering an Anemos is just asking for the death penalty.

<style type="text/css">
.Aneira001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#45300f; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Aneira001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:right;}
.Aneira001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Aneira001 {margin:0 auto; width:377px; background-color:#9b8a5c; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ira001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread