Down by the Sea
[html]

I'm sorry that I'm perpetually late. ._. 336

Fishing wasn’t a skill the Marino had much expertise in, despite being a man of the sea. Most of his attempts back in Europe had resulted mainly in failure, though he did have a few shining moments of victory when he finally managed to pull a fish from the watery depths. Ehno simply hadn’t been very adept at wielding the fishing rod, haphazardly swinging it about each time he tried to cast out the line. Despite the failures, he remembered his attempts at fishing were rather fun times, often enjoying a laugh at his own expense with the friendly faces on Santander’s bustling docks. Ehno simply preferred getting his meals through hunting on good old dry land. He was more likely to catch something that way.

That said, Ehno held some respect for the stranger before him. He may not have had any luck so far, but certainly didn’t look like he was ready to give up and set aside the fishing rod any time soon. The fact that the young man had even bothered to keep trying his hand at the sport despite the roiling waters revealed that he was either stubbornly determined or confident in his skill. Perhaps both? Regardless, it was rather endearing, and certainly intriguing. The Italian man grinned at the stranger’s accented comment, nodding his agreement as he stepped closer so that he could sit where beckoned.

He watched as the rod nearly leapt into the ocean as he took a seat, and he let out a short, light hearted laugh. “She will certainly make you earn your fish today,” he said, friendly grin still in place. “I’m Ehno. Ehno Marino,” he introduced. The Dreamer held out his hand for a sociable shake for a moment, but instead settling for a brief nod when he realized that the stranger would probably prefer to keep a hold on his rod before it tried to make an escape again. “And you are…?” he questioned in return, words dancing with his usual Italian lilt.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread