you had a busy day today
[html]
[lay me down in sheets of linen]

[you had a busy day today]

The burning realization that in mere moments she might see one of them again made her entire body tingle as her nerves were hypersensitive. She felt the dirt beneath her paws, the wind running through her fur, her blood surging in her veins - she felt everything. What she could not feel though was that familiar comfort here, instead, she felt as though she had betrayed them. Betrayed them by not being stronger, not being more capable, not being a better fighter or even being a better captive; she could have made more noise, raised a bigger fuss. But her fear had won out. Her fear had always driven her when push came to shove, she had an exquisite fight or flight instinct and normally it served her better. This time though, perhaps because it was so directly after the first encounter with them, it had been fear that drove her.

When Kaena approached Fatin did not need to turn to know that the Queen was on her way. She felt it in her heart, in her soul, in her very bones. What was in Kaena that had once driven her to stages beyond fear was now the very thing that called to her like a Siren's song. It was that drive and that spirit, the fire in the depths of Kaena's soul. And now, all Fatin truly wanted was to be burned by that fire once again. A whimper slipped out of her maw and she cursed herself; this wasn't the first impression she wanted to give Kaena again. "I'm sorry I vanished," she said gently her green eyes flashing as she finally turned to face the Lykoi. "They came back for me..and you were out. I-i don't know why, but I just d-din't fight it.." She was sorry, so very sorry!

She lowered her head, twisting her hands over her wrists nervously. The bare patches were smooth, well worn, and something she had picked up a bit of a nervous habit over. "I-i'm so s-sorry..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread