you had a busy day today
[html]
[lay me down in sheets of linen]

[you had a busy day today]

The moment that Kaena spoke Fatin wanted to flee. She wanted to turn away and run, but she couldn't. She had accepted this, she had told herself to steel herself against everything that they would give her. She deserved it, she had been gone. She had not fought, she had not honored them in any way. This was just. But it still hurt. It was like being slapped, being bitten, having everything pulled away and ravaged. "I'll leave then." She said as strongly as she could but her voice quivered and shook even with her attempted bravado. She had never stopped being afraid of Kaena, she knew exactly what the woman was capable of, but she still couldn't leave herself open fully to being hurt by the woman that she still loved.

It was thoughts of here, thoughts of being happy that had kept her going. It had been memories of times shared, of whispered words in the safety of the den they had shared - it was a promise of something good for them that had made her so determined to make it home. And now it was clear that the dream was over and she had ruined it for herself. She turned to leave but Kaena's voice once again spoke out and she stopped. It was shame, first, that ran it's course through her features causing her mouth to bundle into a frown, her eyes to look away in a fashion that made it clear that it hurt to focus on the coyote. Second came the sorrow and the horror at the realization something had befallen Kaena while she had been away. Kaena was strong, she was powerful, she was the protector and she was the warrior - Fatin was too tiny and meek to do her any good. So why had she been the one that was needed? How could it be that someone had needed her for anything? She bit into her lip stifling a whine; Kaena wanted none of her pathetic ways and had no use of the fire-kissed female falling to pieces on her proverbial doorstep.

"I wanted to be here." She said softly, her gaze falling to her feet in an awkward fashion that was made of guilt and laced with shame. "I was held captive, d-drugged and bound, and when they were d-done with me, they t-tossed me aside." She had wanted to come home here though, she had needed to so badly. She took a step towards Kaena, stopping herself after realizing what she was doing. She hadn't been invited, she wasn't wanted here. "I want to be here now." She said. "I know I can't make up for not being here, n-not being here for y-you....and I'm sorry."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread