you had a busy day today
[html]
[lay me down in sheets of linen]

[you had a busy day today]

Once upon a time Fatin had been a woman who was proud of herself. It had been pride, and a touch of arrogance, that had made her believe she was beyond reproach in this life. That she was beyond being touched by anything the world had to offer. It had been these misguided thoughts that had caused her to be captured the first time, and the brutal way in which she had been broken that had caused her to fall so far from where she was into the creature standing before Kaena now. It was the broken child, the beaten child, that was all but shaking in front of Kaena, a pathetic sort of nervous woman who was every bit the waif that had been afraid of Kaena herself only years ago. Time with Salvaged had hardened her, a life of loss and love had made her stronger, and so quickly all of that strength ahd been plucked from her by the choices of random enemies. They had not even been her enemies, but those of her tribe's.

There was no fight from Kaena that Fatin stepped onto Inferni's territory and for that she felt a great sense of relief flood her. She would look over her shoulders and watch her back certainly, but for the time being she could breathe freely knowing that if death took her she would have been where she loved to be most. It was a consolation, even if it wasn't all that she wanted. It was a piece, it was a part of the prize. The rest could follow later, with any luck. Kaena did not react truly to what Fatin told her and the cinnamon kissed woman wondered what she had been expecting. Outrage? Anger? She had expected some reaction beyond a frown, but it was clear to her that something horrific had happened when she had been gone and that put her own plight far away from the forefront of her mind.

It was something to be said that even in times of tragedy, it all seemed so minuscule and irrelevant when it was the one you loved that had suffered.

War? Fatin's ears cupped towards Kaena, looking her over for the first time without true fear of her reaction; she had allowed her to enter the lands even if it was just a step, and though the Lykoi was anything but predictable Fatin took that as a sign of informality at least for the moment. "I'll provide whatever services I can..if it's collecting herbs for healing....or for poison." She had planned once to poison Skoll with a rabbit laced with deadly plants...it wasn't such a terrible idea anyways. She was broken, she looked like she had been hurt - if whoever came here and found her, more wolf than coyote, it might be easy to trick them. "Use me as you will." She said softly, almost expecting to be dismissed.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread