we won our battles on grounds unknown.
[html]

Sorry, I totally didn't see this. x| You can all reply again or I can just close this?

These days, Laruku stood mostly on neutrality because anything else was simply too tiring. All of the laughter, all of the hatred and resentment, and all of the merciless violence belonged to someone else now and all he had left was a weary mind, most of which didn't even belong to him anymore. He had no love or particular respect for neither Lisichka nor Konane. He had known both only briefly or not at all and did not care to even try to remember things from when they had last seen each other (hadn't it been a funeral?). He no longer occupied himself with wondering about reasons for abandonment and why they would choose to show their faces again here so long after the fact. It didn't matter. They were here now.

He left before you did, you know, the hybrid said, though as soon as the words left his lips, he wasn't so sure. The weeks leading up to and following the death of the former leader was a blur and really, aside from the burial itself, there was only one thing he remembered and tried to forget. It didn't matter. Laruku shrugged at Konane's words, feeling their emptiness and not caring once again. Maybe she didn't like him for whatever reason, but if she found out more, then she would have even more reason. He could have laughed. It was inevitable that they regret their reason, even if he had nothing to do with it. Well, I assume you're all here to stay, so stay. Everything is pretty much as you left it, only blood and death ever separates any two slices of time, hm?

Maybe they weren't words that should have been said in front of a child, but he wanted to leave all of a sudden. He didn't want to deal with their petty words, trying to remember who the hell he was and why he was there; he didn't want to know where they had gone and what had transpired, the real reasons for why they had left in the first place. They were white ghosts on the hill -- a reminder of Sadira's dead reign. He was a cousin by marriage and shared no blood with the dead queen. They were that reminder of his unfortunate childhood, even if it had been buried for a long, long time. The tattered hybrid turned away and left, having nothing else to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread