all you see are zeros and ones
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... topban.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
okay, so I epicly fail :< you have the right to kick me 300+

While he hadn't ever witnessed something quite so bloody and horrible as what had gone on in the barn that day, he was used to being in the presence of someone skilled in the healing arts. His birth mother had been a healer, and so he had grown up in the presence of such practices and was quite comfortable with them. Haven wouldn't have been able to understand anyone who felt hostility towards someone who had chosen that profession. Without healers, what would people do when they became sick or injured? Many lives had been saved by that line or work, perhaps more so than his own, and he had the utmost respect for those that followed that path. Haven chuckled good-naturedly at her response to him. "Well, I'm glad I'm not intruding, but I'm not looking for anyone to 'cater' to me. I have no wish for others to do work for me." He knew that in the old human times, knights had many servants that catered to their needs, but he had no such desires. He didn't want anyone treating him as thought he was more important than themselves.

He was glad to finally know her name. He really needed to make an effort to get to know those in that pack that he didn't yet. Not only did he need to as a higher member of the pack, but knowing names and faces would drive him to protect each and every one of them more fiercely. Such motivation was good for him. "Please, just call me Haven, there's no need for formalities," he said softly. It was nice to hear himself referred to as a "Sir", but he didn't want to put himself above her. It was true he was in the pack hierarchy, but he saw no need to lord around his position. He wanted people to see him as someone they could trust and come to for help. Haven, too, felt the rush of sorrow that came from thinking about what had happened that day, but thankfully it left both of them quickly. "You're a very skilled one, and we're lucky to have you. My birth mother was a healer, so I've been around it a lot before." Alaine had a gift, there was no arguing that.

Her offer was sweet, and he did have to say that some warm food to fill his belly would be most welcome. "Well, if it isn't too much trouble that would be wonderful. I don't want to be a bother though." The ochre colored hybrid followed the shorter canine into the kitchen of the hotel, his nose picking up on a myriad of interesting scents and flavors.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread