sharp as shrapnel
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... africa.png
); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:150px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#4C506B; text-align:justify; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#A5B0C8; line-height:14px">
@$%&Almost to her surprise, the reddish female seemed to accept her company. So Alacrity settled herself close by on a particularly comfortable-looking tuft of grass, and tried hard to pretend that she hadn’t noticed the fresh scar tissue on the other woman’s face and wrists. “Indeed. A spear makes sense, but I’m not much of an expert,” she said, looking over at the worked stone. Alacrity had encountered all sorts of weapons in her travels across the continents and sea, and at least recognized the different types. Not being a shifter herself, that was where her experience ended. ”Do you prefer to fight with weapons?” she wanted to know. Some did, some didn’t – and some couldn’t.

@$%&Then came the inevitable question, although more charismatically spoken than many similar inquiries. Alacrity laughed and replied with a smile, “You missed the bear genes, yes?” The other female was not tiny, but she was smaller than many of the other shifters Alacrity had encountered. “We call ourselves the Mbwa mwitu. I hail from the savannahs of the African interior.” A place, she found, was an easier way to distinguish her origins than to attempt the explanation humans had concocted. Painted hunting dogs were canines, but only barely – kith to wolves, perhaps, but not quite kin.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread