S.t.e.p by S.t.e.p
.O.O.C. - Hallo. I'm still a bit new...Hoping I did right by offering this thread 'open' to any who wish to join?

...C.h.a.i.n.s. rattled, tink-tinking Istabel's arrival to the cobble-stoned courtyard that flanked the handful of buildings she'd come up against. Her whitewashed limbs had adopted a solemn stride, one that sloped and staggered, yet pressed on doggedly. Narrow features, stressed taut and lean by her condition, spoke little of the thoughts that rattled between her ears. Where am I? What am I doing here? What the devil is a Gazon anyway? Her brow furrowed, and her attentions were once again pricked by the shackles bound to her wrists. Perhaps there was one who could offer assistance with their removal? A small, quavering flame of hope was kindled...fragile though it was.

The sun struck Istabel as she turned a corner, causing her to flinch and stagger to a halt as the midday gleam blinded her. Her too-large ears ducked against her skull, and she blinked the sun-spots from her eyes. The disorientation was unnerving, especially on top of the sense of displacement she was struggling with. The scents of others tickled her nose, and she felt her heartbeat quicken. She had been granted permission to tread here...but that did not yet mean she was welcome. Golden eyes crept from beneath pale brows...combing the courtyard ahead.

A small depression loomed to one side, and within it a puddle, sunlight glimmering upon it's surface. Istabel's eyes brightened, and she staggered forward again. Water...All else was lost as she knelt beside the gritty pool, tongue working greedily as she lapped at it's surface.

Messages In This Thread