And then I swore to you [p]
[html]

That's okay, don't worry too much! I'm just glad you're still keeping him, and coming back. ^^
Wc: 287

Ghita couldn't help but chuckle at the instant change of emotion that flashed over her son's face, or the expression that was born from his lips. "Don't worry too much, one day your dad and I will teach you and your sister how to hunt the larger prey. You don't think your father is the only one who knows how to hunt, do you?" She asked with a hint of playfulness in her tone, and a wink in her eye. All the same, she gave the boy a raspy lick on the ear in an attempt to cheer him up. "I'm sure you'll do great."

It took a few minutes, sure, but Ghita knew her son was bright, and would find an answer soon enough. Grinning, she chuckled, nodding her head in response. "That's right! We're going to find it by smelling it out. So, the next question is, what can you smell right now?" While she'd been conversing with her son, air had been slipping through her lungs and registering with her mind, and by now Ghita had a fairly good grasp of what was where and how many there were.

For instance, about a half-mile south lay a small rabbit warren, where the recent mother had just seen her babies take off to make their own homes. Turn your nose east and you'd barely catch the last remnants of the elk who had moved on, taking their lives elsewhere and avoiding death for another day. And deer lay miles and miles away, only registered by the keen turquoise eyes, and not the day's target any how. No, it would be the rabbit that they were upwind to, the scent lying heavily around the two Marinos.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread