Latent Talents
[html]

WC 580

“I would love to explore the town with you. There’s one other thing I want to find there. . . but. . . well, we’ll see.” Despite her budding passion for what it was she hoped to find in the town, she held back in divulging exactly what it was, but there was an excited glean of creativity in her eyes that seemed to say it was something she thought would be dreadfully fun. Though, fun had a completely different meaning with this bibliophilic young woman.

She glanced over her shoulder and smiled at Zafier, happy that he took her suggestion in a positive light and seemed interested in helping. “That would be great! Hell, what better way to learn than trial and error on an old, rickety structure right up against the cliffs?” She giggled softly, thinking back on the incident that happened that day that had almost gone so horribly wrong. The floor of the lighthouse’s lamp room was so dampened, weak with rot and age, that she had tromped right out onto the unstable platform and nearly went crashing right through! She only made it out safely and unscathed thanks to Niro.

“Oh, a little experienced help would be great! Niro is going to do a lot, too, and he’s pretty good at picking up that kind of thing pretty quickly, but still doesn’t have a lot of carpentry experience under his belt. Although he’s been constructing these bird cages and traps that are coming out pretty nice. . . he seems to have a knack for it. Maybe you could. . . run it by Vigil for me?” She quirked a brow and a sheepish look crossed her face. It’s not that she was ever shy about anything, but for some reason, perhaps it was Vigil’s station, worried her to outright ask the man herself.

Her gaze cast forward again as they approached Ayita’s home, and a wide smile crossed her muzzle. It was a fine home, indeed, and she hoped she could one day have something like this. She hoped to obtain permission to have the lighthouse, perhaps it would make a wonderful home. She wondered if she could convince Niro to live there with her? At least, until maybe she started a family. . . a prospect that didn’t seem to be in her near future.

“Your home is beautiful,” she remarked as she pranced through the open door, not shifting back to Optime yet herself. She glanced around the home and at the furnishings from a wolf’s vantage point, but enjoyed the place already. When Ayita mentioned pups, though the woman had hoped they were out, Orin secretly wished they would be here. She loved children, their little minds seemed to always be full of wonderful things, just like books. Moreover, she had grown fond of little Amaranth that day, and wouldn’t mind seeing the girl again. “Actually,” she said as she pranced to a place that seemed appropriate to settle her quadruped form down in, “I’ve never had tea. We didn’t really have fine luxuries like that in Florida. If you scavenged it, it was probably already used or rotten. I would love to try it, though.”

She examined Ayita as she thought back to her earlier musing, when she almost mentioned something else she wanted to find in Lunenburg. Not one to keep things inside for long, she cocked her head and asked, “Ayita. . . have you read many plays?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread