drinking wine made for disaster
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ttable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was nothing but dead land now, what charred remains laid behind him. Jefferson cringed at the thought of enduring such horror and having to deal with the aftereffects. As the pack's leader and guardian, all that happened would be on his terms, his rules, his commands. The cyclops knew he was certainly capable -- ensuring the pack's welfare was always his top priority, whether or not it was apparent or his members were in danger -- but thus far, Phoenix Valley had been left to itself and remained a land of peace. If a wildfire were to break through, would they know what to do? Would they be able to get out safely, or would their lives be held entirely in his scarred and broken hands?

Gabriel appeared promptly, as Jefferson expected. In the wake of such peril, he himself would not have found sleep even if he'd tried -- the cyclops being a moderate insomniac anyway -- but Jefferson sympathized with the heaviness of the Aquila's eyes and the sag in his shoulders. He had seen Gabriel as a pure enemy only once, and now was not that time. There was no need to drag Inferni through more drama, nor introduce it to Phoenix Valley by meddling in the ways of the war where he did not belong. The cyclops had come only in peace. "Gabriel," he said slowly, weary eye sliding heavily on the land behind him. "I walked through what's left out there when I found it. If any of yours were left behind..." He trailed off. The cyclops hoped he'd been lucky to have found no bodies.

Turning finally, green eye set on the Aquila. "Was this Haku?" A small, subtle pain lingered in his tone. That creature had been his brother once.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread