Where the wild roses grow
[html]

table © Alli
ooc: 8D <3

The young woman graced her with visage at once, and Alaine was startled by the intense curiosity that beveled those pretty honey eyes. The Shea was clearly of wolf blood, but she had a slender and petite frame, much alike Alaine herself. The Collie-woman was used to peering up at the wolves who seemed to dominate her life, but here was one of such size as herself, and the feeling of relief was uncanny. Entrancing emerald eyes scanned the ivory-pelted Fae for any signs of anger at her disruption, but she showed none, merely mouthing the name Alaine had spoken in some sort of wonder. The Apothecary blinked, taken aback by the other lady's seeming determination at absorbing the knowledge she offered. It was intriguing, but in a pleasant way, and Alaine felt herself drawn further forward.

To other spoke swiftly, but her voice was pleasantly smooth. The healer's floppy mocha ears perked to the sound, surprised further as the other turned back to study the brittle, slumbering plant once more. Slender brows rose as the she-wolf continued to speak, her manner forthwith, but not bluntly so. To the sudden question, Alaine felt a smile breach her shocked maw, and a soft hum of laughter tickle her throat.

" Magic?" She paused, not wanting to chuckle for fear of insulting her new-found companion, " I daren't think so, ma'am... Though some preach of it's otherworldly beauty when in bloom, and I ought not to doubt for lack of evidence."

That smile came unbidden to her maw once more, emerald eyes sparkling with amusement. Her voice was heavily accented, the words twirling like music against one another in the sentences she formed. Wolf-tongue was her second language, but she spoke it flawlessly.

A further question came, and she replied casually, beginning to thoroughly enjoy this peculiar inquisition. " For anything, truly. When mixed with mistletoe and midnight creepers, it can make a strong tonic for easing stomach pains. When added to sliced silver-beet and bluebell root, it is very effective at dulling headaches... Or, if you've honey, it can make a pleasant, throat-soothing drink."

Not wanting to babble further, she waited for the young woman to lighten up with realization of her queries. She inwardly flinched as one hand was thrown out towards her, but when the clawed fingers were held listless, the collie-woman realized that social regulations meant for a hand-shake. She took it, gingerly, though the other Fae seemed to have much enthusiasm. Wolves had such strange greeting constructs!

" The pleasure is mine, Miss Orin. I am Alaine Winters, the Cour des Miracles Apothecary. Can I help you at'all?"

<style type="text/css">
.alaine001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6f7cc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alaine001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; text-align:right;}
.alaine001 p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaine001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#aba2c1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ine001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52466c; padding: 0px 0px 160px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread