Where the wild roses grow
[html]

table © Alli
ooc: SO SORRY FOR LATENESS. it has been a crazy few weeks!
plus, because of my absence, Alaine has been demoted - that's why i'm ignoring the stuff about her being the apothecary :x <3

Her words seemed, momentarily, to dismay the other lady; confused with all this talk of magic and dismay at it lacking such (for in her mind, magic was a potentially dark thing, not to be desired by those who could not wield it) she maintained a slightly frozen smile, one slender brow arched with incredulous intrigue at the other's chatter. It was not that she disliked such strange acquaintance - quite the opposite! For Alaine was just as enamored with the ivory-pelted beauty as she seemed to be the healer, but her meekness prevented such friendly outbursts as the other showed.

At her offer of assistance, the lady delved deep into thought, her entire countenance stolen with one thoughtful paw at her chin. The entire gesture seemed so hilariously extravagant that the smile on young collie-woman's maw stretched further, her inverted emerald eyes glittering with bright sparks of amusement. What a character! What an enigma this Orin was!

When she finally replied, the exotic healer loosed a sudden stream of giggles, staunched quickly with one ivory paw across her maw. Stifling the chuckles momentarily, they were only to be set off once more by Orin's conspiring wink, and it took a moment longer for Alaine to pull back her composure. She was so unused to such amiability, that the other woman's friendship was immediately taken up, that scarce glaze of caution and fear in her eyes quickly overcome with cordial joy.

" Unfortunately, I've yet to find the cure for such impotence. I'll let you know the instance that I do."

She managed to utter as seriously as possible, before being distracted by the other's question.

Emerald eyes softened as they looked back over the tangles vines, so callously dead from winter's bite. One ivory finger trailed over them gently as the healer quietly considered her answer.

" No, I can't say that I have... My son and I, we arrived in this pack before the cold winds came. By the time I knew of their presence, icy breath had stolen from them what I would have gathered," She paused, considering the dead brush with a thoughtful expression, before shrugging lightly, "But when again they live, I'll be sure to aid their growth best I can. No sense in letting them go to waste!"

She smiled at the other once more, settling the deep copper coat more firmly about her exposed body. The early morn chill still invaded her fur, reminding the young healer of why she had come. But Alaine was loathe to leave so soon. Even though there were many a plant awaiting her pouch within the nearby forest, she shuffled reluctantly, having finally found someone with whom to speak so freely. Suddenly, an idea struck her slender mind, and the healer brightened instantaneously.

" Say, could you to accompany me this morn'? That is, if you've nothing else requiring your presence. I could... I could show you more plants that heal?" The creamy beauty offered excitably, her emerald eyes gazing across at the other pleadingly.

<style type="text/css">
.alaine001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6f7cc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alaine001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; text-align:right;}
.alaine001 p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaine001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#aba2c1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ine001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52466c; padding: 0px 0px 160px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread