Where the wild roses grow
[html]

table © Alli
ooc: :] <3 Baw, I love Orin!

Orin seemed to leap at the opportunity to elaborate on what, Alaine guessed, must have been one of her favorite subjects. Listening to the woman's passionate speech about the wonders of these 'books', the young healer could not help but smile gently, pleased to see such vigor in her newest companion. It seemed, more so these days, that the people were loosing their ability to become so enamored with things. Perhaps it was all this war, the stench of violence that clung to the pelts of those who wandered into the Chien Hotel, that had cast a blanket of despair over true artists such as lady Orin. It was a relief, to see another so invigorated with a topic, regardless of what these 'books' really were.

" How... Peculiar. You mean to say, such things are... Drawn down, on the paper? But how come? What use there are they?"

As usual, her strange accent broke up the speech, made thicker by Alaine's interested curiosity. She had seen before such human things as Orin described - Lots of tiny little black lines, sometimes accompanied by little pictures. She liked the pictures best of all.

As she peered now at the Feverfew, it occurred to her that one of these 'books', perhaps, would be handy. Especially if they had all of the pictures of the herbs and flowers and plants that she needed. Emerald eyes lifted from the dainty white flower to Orin, a flow of thought lighting their depths with curious little sparks. She asked so many, so many questions! They were too much to answer all at once. However, when she noted the woman's peculiar chanting of her own words, Alaine couldn't help but laugh. How funny they sounded, coming from someone else's maw! The merry sound pealed like chiming bells out into the quiet forest. Orin began to apologize profusely, but the collie-woman waved her words away with one elegant ivory hand. But alas, more questions! She smiled brightly again. The hand that had been resting beneath one of the little white flowers pulled gently at the tender green stem, plucking the little plant from it's grasp of the earth.

" Thank you mother, for your gift. I will use it wisely, and it's life will not be wasted." The words were muttered softly beneath her breath, lilting accent musical. With ceremonial grace, Alaine lifted two fingers to her lips and kissed them, before touching the earth with solemn bowed head. The strange little procession lasted only a few seconds, but regardless, she blushed as she met Orin's honey gaze once more.

" Sorry... Is the way I was taught, see, to respect. As a healer, I take the life from these plants, and use them to aid another life, a greater life. But, to the earth, all life is equal, and so I must give thanks." She shrugged a little sheepishly, before resuming the task of picking more of the little white flowers and bundling them neatly into her leather pouch. Finally, she stood, and held one out in offering to Orin.

" Now, your questions. Let me see..." Her face scrunched up in thought, floppy collie ears flicking slightly, " I pick the herbs as I find them. They do not keep very long - When I return home, I will make a broth of some of them, and put the others in little jars in the sunlight. They will dry up, see, but then I can make the petals into fine powders, and store them away for later."

<style type="text/css">
.alaine001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f6f7cc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alaine001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; text-align:right;}
.alaine001 p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.alaine001 {margin:0 auto; width:345px; background-color:#aba2c1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ine001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52466c; padding: 0px 0px 160px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#eeeeee; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread