Different faces [pack thread]
word count: 402

Cerridwyn adopted a slight thrust to one hip, settling her weight on one leg, ivory arms remaining crossed. She had meant what she'd said; she did believe Dawali, he seemed quite sincere. She also believed him capable, she had no doubts about that. But she wasn't giving up the argument until she got some answers. Before the rust colored wolf had time to reply, a silvery form padded quietly into the group, heading straight for Dawali and taking a place beside him. Cerridwyn had not personally met the Savant, but this was obviously her. She reaffirmed the validity of the male's claims. This is all well and good, the tri-color thought, But how many times am I going to have to reiterate that I believe him already? I just want answers.

Thankfully she didn't have to reiterate anything, for Dawali, most likely relieved though he showed no such emotion that Geneva had arrived (Cerridwyn knew she would have been, in his position), answered each and every question she had posed, one by one. She relaxed her defensive stance, letting her arms fall to her sides. The whole thing still didn't sit well with her, but that wasn't Dawali's fault; it wasn't the former AniWaya chief the priestess took issue with, it was Jefferson leaving so suddenly, and for such a flimsy excuse as the get away from the heat of the war. But Dawali and Geneva both seemed quite truthful; if she had a problem with Jefferson's reason, she could take it up with him.

A red wolfess spoke up before Cerridwyn had the chance, as soon as the new Patriarch finished his answers. The hybrid all but rolled her eyes -- she wanted to, so badly that her eyelid began to twitch a little, but somehow managed to refrain -- as the unknown female inquired of suspicions that Jefferson might have left them in less than capable hand. "I ne'er said 'e weren' capable," she commented. "In fact, I b'lieve I said jus' the opposite."

She turned her earth-colored eyes to the leading pair of the pack, dipping her head in respect before speaking. "Thank ye, Dawali, fer answerin' m'questions. As I said b'fore, I got no issue wi' acceptin' ye as Patriarch now tha's out th' way." Her eyes flicked to Geneva. "It is an honor t'meet ye, by the way, Geneva, we ha'n't as o' yet. M'name'll be Cerridwyn."

Messages In This Thread