Lend me your ear and I'll sing you a song
[html]
Table by Frost.

OOC: 523 words

Lotus nodded his head as he was questioned. “She is. She’s the best. She always brings home lots of good stuff to eat.” But then again the pup thought his mom was the best at absolutely everything. There was nothing that his Mommy could do wrong. Of course this was entirely his biased opinion. But that was just to the degree that he loved and admired his Mommy. But what child didn’t look up to their parents? What child didn’t think that their parents were the greatest in the world? Lotus wasn’t that different from any other child.

“I think she is really nice too Mommy.” Lotus had enjoyed the small amount of time that he had spent with Yumiko while the other had been working on her den. He had even added in his own small bit of help with his suggestion. And now he got to see the product of his suggestion. That he had actually been a big help when he had only been musing at the time being. He had only been naming off soft things at the time. After all that is what she had been asking for. He had simply supplied an answer for her.

He smiled and nodded his head as his Mommy explained who Velvet was. “Velvet is really pretty and soft but she is sleeping right now so I had to leave her home. Mommy brought her home for me. Velvet likes to cuddle and snuggle every night.” Oh yes, he treated his stuffed bunny as if she were real. He talked to her and she talked to him, at least in his own mind. But that was just normal behavior for a child. It was someone for him to play with since there was no one else in the tribe that was his age. After all sometimes the adults were just too busy to listen to him and to dote upon him. Velvet was the solution for all of that.

“Not a boy!” He pouted, looking up at his Mommy for reassurance and back up. He didn’t understand why he had to continue to explain the exact same thing over and over to everyone. Lotus wasn’t a boy’s name. It was a girl’s name. The boy got up and moved to sit down behind Ember, leaning his head against her leg. He didn’t understand why everyone always got that simple little tidbit wrong all of the time. Though it had clearly squashed his good mood. Why was his Mommy the only one able to tell the difference? What was wrong with all of these others? But at least he had his Mommy that he could trust. At least his Mommy knew the truth. Still it bothered him that everyone else had such a hard time with something as simple as gender. Why was their first assumption that he was always a boy? Would he always have to explain himself to everyone? Maybe when he got older things would be better. After all he wanted to grow up to be as pretty as his Mommy. He couldn’t do that if he was a boy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread