I'm not in love with the modern world
[html]
Sorry, but I'm going to fade this to black and close it. I'm trying to clean up all of my old threads and all. (: I'll surely have another thread with you later!

Of course, what was in a name? Someone might go into an in-depth quote of Shakespeare's here, but I'll refrain. To Ari, a name meant little more than simply a shortened way to call someone. Nevertheless, he nodded to her reply, and stiffened only slightly at her inquiry. He looked away, his blue eyes ghosting over with the memories of his vision earlier this night. I don't fear the ghosts here. I don't think they could hurt me more than others have already, he added quietly. He had no qualms with confiding so much in this near-stranger. It was normal to him, as he knew that he might never see her again after this. I had a dream tonight, yet I felt it was more than just a mere dream. I fear that my brother — who saved my life — might have endangered his own in doing so. Ari's shoulders hunched involuntarily, the guilt of perhaps having his own brother and savior's blood on him too much to bear. All he could do was direct his wordless prayers to whatever deities might be watching, though that might be a stretch. Still, there was no shame in trying.

Mists and thoughts clouded his mind, but perhaps it was the appearance of Poe that helped him survive through his hazy dreams of past hours. He had to thank her, and did so before they parted when the early morning rays were penetrating the thick fog. Then he departed back to Jaded Shadows — back home.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread