taking flight
[html]

In Character

It was not enough that the pack had rejected them—that merely insured their survival, and perhaps also a round three for their conflicts. As Kaena saw it, they were doomed to fight—proximity had caused tension with the Valley pack, it did the same with Dahlia de Mai. Cour des Miracles, Aniwaya, and Crimson Dreams were low on the list, because their wolves seemed to understand and respect borders. Kaena had felt the same way about Jaded Shadows for most of its existence, too—the Shadows wolves generally respected the coyote borders and left their cousins alone, just as Inferni liked it. Salvaged was their beta, true enough, but the hybrid's conflict with him had always remained personal. Salvaged had never desired to watch the world burn as Haku did, and so the packs had remained on relatively neutral terms, despite the mountain pack harboring such a demon.

“Of course,” the hybrid responded, though she knew that allegiance with Dahlia would have meant Susquehanna was an enemy, regardless of their personal relationship. The only thing that kept the silver-furred hybrid from attacking was her trust in Hanna—she knew the woman was an Aniwayan before, and she liked that pack—Dawali in particular, followed closely by Hanna. Though she did not know the exact relationship between the dark-furred woman and Haku Soul, the coyote trusted that the scarred wolf would not betray her trust. “I don't know that even I could protect you from them,” the hybrid said, shaking her silver-furred head. “But if you want to keep moving, I will walk with you,” the coyote proposed. This was a doubly useful maneuver—perhaps the sable-furred woman would release information about Dahlia, whether purposefully or not.

The silvery coyote shrugged. “I'm glad you're not among them anymore, is all. I would prefer not to think of you as an enemy.” The pair of wolves were not close, no—but this was a woman who remembered the old lands, this was a woman who had saved Kaena, transporting her from the beach after that awful night to the safety of Inferni. The hybrid did not want to think of the dark-furred woman as an enemy—Hanna had done a lot for Kaena, even if she did not know the whole depth of it.

<style>
.kae-funeral p { text-indent:25px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; margin:0px 0px 20px 0px; }
.kae-funeral b { color:#A4F62D }
.kae-funeral { background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://digital-bonsai.com/katew/rp/kae/ ... header.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #577104; width:446px; padding:166px 0px 1px 0px; text-align:justify; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e4f7c9; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1pt; line-height:12px; }
.kae-funeral-text {font-family:georgia; font-size:11pt; color:#A4F62D; word-spacing:-.5pt; letter-spacing:0px; font-weight:bold; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; margin:0px 40px 0px 40px; border-bottom:1px dotted #CCFF00; width:366px; line-height:18px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread