How to save a life
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: blargh, sorry for the lateness! been a crazy few weeks :<

Her words hung, suspended in the silence, accompanied only by the constant beat of rain at her back and the gentle moan of a wind that wound through the crumbling buildings. For a moment, the hair on her nape prickled, the sense of eyes gazing into her back causing the young collie-woman to stiffen. Even as she thought to turn around, however, a gruff voice had dispelled the gloomy quiet.

"Oh!"

At this, the young healer whipped around, her emerald eyes wide with sudden fear. In the rain, a dark, tall, broad-shouldered figure stepped towards her. In the rain, his features melted together like running paint, and all terrified jade gaze saw was a looming dark shadow, his voice a terribly husky growl. She blinked, a meek little rabbit caught beneath the shadow of a hawk's outspread wings, her blood-red cloak tossed about shivering form as if it too longed to flee. But to where? For he barred her escape outwards, and to run into the darkened room behind her would be to inadvertently trap herself! Her gaze focused on his grizzled maw, each word showing sharp ivory blades designed to rent helpless prey. How strange, that they would look so menacing, even in speech! Wait, speech? "... humans died out years ago,"...

"Y-yes, I knew that... O-of course I did."

Her musical tone shivered with both waves of fright and cold, but suddenly the beastly creature who had snuck up her appeared no more than a man, his one eye fastened upon her with a mixture of curiosity and... Pain? The healer in her could see that glazed look in one's face from a mile away! Her gaze then dipped to scan his body, noted the arm held tightly to his body. Then, further aware that the rain was now pelting down with much fury and that she stood, barring this stranger's shelter, a hot flush crept up to stain the smooth skin beneath her cheek-fur.

"I was just... I was checking that nobody lived here. I thought I smelt... Nevermind."

Still babbling, she moved further into the darkened room and out of his way, cautious to keep her gaze upon him. He didn't look maliciously, merely pained, but one could never be too certain...

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread