How to save a life
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: i think being busy is contageous Tongue

He was silent, still gazing at her, and Alaine felt a flush creep up her face in embarrassment. Was that a spark of amusement in his sharp emerald eye? If it was, it had extinguished as quickly as it had been lighted, and the towering stranger brushed past her. As his hand momentarily settled on her shoulder, the collie-woman froze, her owlish jade gaze lifting to the mammoth palm. But then he was gone again, surveying the inside of the room with a sharp quip about what she had smelled. Indignant pride welled within her, and the pixie-woman turned to face him, stepping away from the doorway.

" No, Sir, NOT humans. Something else."

Her musical tone was brisk, letting on how little she enjoyed being thusly teased. But if the man noticed, he didn't appear to care, continuing his speech without hesitation. Stiffening her spine defiantly, the young healer crinkled her nose at the stench again. There was certainly something about this room - Perhaps a smell that he was used to?

" You can't smell that? It smells like... Wet, rotting, something. I can't place it, but it's unlike anything I've ever smelt before."

Now it was her turn to brush past him, her jade gaze curious as it scanned the inside of the chamber. It seemed as if they were inside the downstairs section of some sort of shop - Its shelves were lined with various antiquities, peculiar object, and also signs of scavenging where things had been upturned as some previous Optime hand had reached past to grab something of interest. The whole room, although smelling of the rain outside, was also laden with dust. Getting close to one of the shelves to observe a peculiar glass bottle, Alaine got a quick whiff of the stuff, and ended up sneezing heavily. Mollified by her lack of discovery, she shrugged absently.

" ... Maybe, you are right, Sir." She turned to look at the scarred man once more, trying to sound casual, " I am Alaine Winters, by the way... A resident healer from the Cour des Miracles pack."

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread