How to save a life
[html]

Suspicious characters like he? He had to laugh; the hearty, brief burst came from the depths of his chest and were stifled quickly. His green eye glittered with amusement and a smirk crossed his scarred and torn features. Even with that leak of delight—something he released all too little, but had no regrets hiding—he was still a terrifying thing to those who didn't know better. Jefferson could have said he fought a thousand wars and the ignorant would have believed him, biased due to his appearance. "Suspicious characters aren't 'misters,'" he muttered, amusement lingering in his voice. "Jefferson, just Jefferson, and I go where I want." That was basically it.

It wasn't often he was queried on his arm or what exactly caused the countless cuts and bruises on his body. Many simply observed in a funny, stunned silence; others chose to ignore it or look past it, believing questions might bring up sore memories or release a breaking point in the unpredictable Patriarch that would unleash some inner fury many strangely thought he had. "Bear," he said, now devoid of prior amusement. Green eye wandered as he stepped about, nose itching from dust in the air. "Cubs thought it was funny to try playing with me; their mother, not so much." The limp, the eternal sting in his leg, the ache accompanying oncoming rainclouds—it was not his fault, much unlike the rest of his scars. The loss of his eye, as well as the fights and attacks that resulted in the majority of his torn skin and fur, he had no recollection of whatsoever. "Don't fuck with them," he grumbled finally, sour.

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread