gunslinger
[html]

Word Count :: 353 I love Akumu cause she's so delicious... or something. XD

The silver-shaded hybrid had always wished she were better at reading. It was a skill she had acquired later in life, and she had never bothered to develop it—it was usually fine by her that she could only read at a snail's pace, occasionally sounding out the words like a small toddler. There were other times, though, that she wished she knew how to read—some human stories just seemed to resonate. Two of her own children could be considered hideous and vile—one had been scarred and banished, the other had been killed. The silver-shaded hybrid often wondered if Gabriel was stronger than her for that—she wondered if she would have been able to kill Andrezej, even for what he had done, and she was glad she did not have to live with that choice. Sometimes Kaena wondered if it burdened Gabriel, but it was impossible to tell—the tawny and black Aquila was no more readable now than he'd ever been.

“I don't think I have ever read a whole book in my life,” the hybrid admitted, sounding rather disappointed and embarrassed. She was not proud of her ignorance, yet she did not seek out to change it. “It sounds like a good story, though,” the hybrid said. She almost felt that she ought to apologize for interrupting the golden-furred hybrid, but quickly realized with was a strange instinct. They were not strangers—this was her daughter, though looking into the woman's pale blue eyes, the scarred hybrid realized that she hardly knew Corona. This was a harsh realization, and her ears swept back halfway, her shoulders rolling in a shrug at the question. “Slow day, I guess,” she said, the words hanging in the air awkwardly. She still looked at the other canine, the short blonde fur framing her face and the piercing gaze that seemed so alien among all the scarred hybrid's children. “Just wandered out this way, and I ended up following your scent,” she added truthfully. She offered a weak smile, and leaned her shoulder against the bare wall, still peering toward the tawny-hued woman.

<style>
.kae-giftnuki b {color: #C6CAD1;}
.kae-giftnuki p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:0px; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread