im[p]ervious
[html]<style type="text/css">
.outside { border:1px solid #020307;background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/15pl6au.jpg);background-position:top;background-repeat:no-repeat;width:498px;background-color:#3C193A;text-align:justify;font-family:arial;font-size:1em; line-height:1.4em;color:#6FFAA7; margin: 0 auto }
.content{ padding:240px 10px 0px 10px;}
.content p {margin: 0; text-indent:30px; }
.content b {color:#B8BAB9;font-family:georgia;}
.bottom {margin-top:7px;}</style>

Even though she did not know it was true, Aurèle believed that the man who had sired her children (child, she gently reminded herself) was dead. He had dead eyes even when they had been intimate, and she could sense the coming end in his bones. If she had known that the dream, one long forgotten, had shown her the truth she might have understood. She might have chosen better in a suitor. This did not matter to her. Aurèle had taken men only because she needed them to unlock her immortality.

That power lay with her son, who was regarding the pair with the air of annoyance. He had been intending to have fun with his new-found cousin, having finally found a suitable companion to keep him busy, but it seemed his mother had other plans. Still, as the paler boy explained himself Aurèle could not help but see her son’s scowl morph into a smirk. He saw the ego and the game as clearly as his mother did. Both approved. “Well, that would be because we didn’t live here,” she explained, green eyes darkening a shade. “In fact, we just got back not long ago either.”

“Yeah, and it’s boring as hell,” Anatole grunted. Without anyone of importance in the tribe, Aurèle did not chastise him. Instead, she smiled thinly and tossed her head.“Ah, boys are always bored. What if we did something less boring, hm? I myself was tracking lunch, if you two would be interested in joining me.” Anatole looked far more interested in this then anything he had been in the past few days, and smiled boyishly at the idea of being able to hunt properly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread