Ghosts and Demons
300+
[html]

She had been expected to be the protector of her prior clan since the day of her birth. Since she had first been able to leave the palace under the power of her own legs life had been hard on the woman's body. It was not something that she regretted or wished to changed. She had always been accepting of the path that had been laid before her, to walk the path her mother had. There was certain event that stood out to Anann as the first time she had been scent to the Tosawi healers. There had been various injures during training and rough-housing. Most nothing more than the usual scraps and bumps of puppy-hood. The scariest had been after bear attack. She had been lucky, but it was also the first time she had met death. Fear only sinking in after the fact as she had sat. Her first stitches and scar. Even it had healed amazingly well, now completely veiled beneath the fur on her thigh.

Needless say, Anann had long learned how to handle such visits. They always wanted to do their poking and prodding. Checking this or that. It was easier and often quicker to simply submit to their wishes. At least while they were looking. Anann had known there would be questions but still she was not prepared. Time had become somewhat irrelevant. The days had seemed to stretch on forever and she had not really kept track of their passing. Her brow furrowed as she thought back. Trying to count the moons she had spent the nights staring at. "Three, maybe four nights, its been now without any sleep. It's been fitful for a little less than a full moon cycle." Anann had lost track of the exact month and day many months ago. "The first day or two, I spent falling timber with an axe. I'm hoping to build a cabin see and I was hoping that maybe if I exhausted myself I would find it easier to sleep." It had been a failed attempted and she expected Alaine would reprimand her for such a tactic.

<style type="text/css">
.annansad b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0ba6d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.annansadooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11.5px; color:#636161; text-align:right;}
.annansad p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.annansad {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ansad2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #636161; padding: 220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636161; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread