Ghosts and Demons
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc:

She watched with appraising eyes as the other woman drank the mixture, and took the empty bottle from her once she'd finished. " Usually, it depends on the severity of the case... But not long, regardless." The young healer was careful to monitor her patient. When Anann asked to be shown to her room, Alaine complied with a gesture to follow. She was careful to check the woman walking up the stairs; Sometimes, the broth had unusually fast side effects such as vertigo, but the other woman didn't appear to be displaying any. Satisfied that she was for now in safe health, the collie-woman lead the way to the room beside her own, ushering her newest patient in.

" Sorry about the mess... I would have dusted if I'd known I was going to have an invalid." She smiled kindly as Anann went directly over to the bed, stepping past her only to draw down some heavy drapes over the one gaping window, plunging the interior of the chamber into a fake midnight. She left then, shutting the door gently on her way out.

When she returned a while later with a bottle of water in hand, the golden woman was nowhere to be seen. Opening the door wide, Alaine quickly crossed to the window and pulled it aside, allowing some natural light to filter in. It was only then that she saw the mineral glint of the female's eyes reflecting the light from far across the room, underneath the old table. Knowing at once that her patient was suffering the true side effects of the broth she'd prescribed, Alaine moved slowly, keeping her eyes cautiously on the other woman. In this dream-like state they were entirely unpredictable, and the healerwoman had no was to tell if she would display aggression or not.

" Anann... Anann, can you hear me?" She used a musical, sing-song voice, soft and soothing, as if speaking to a child. Crouching down beside the table so that she was on eye-level with the cowering woman, Alaine was careful not to jolt her awake - Pulling people directly from these waking dreams was dangerous. " I need you to drink some of this delicious water, Anann... Aren't you thirsty?" She cooed gently, holding the bottle out gingerly.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread