a poison on the street.
[html]

lawl failshort :|

There was nothing in Harlowe that was predispositioned for leadership, and there never would be. Crowds still made him beyond nervous, and the tawny-furred youth still could not speak before them. He was lucky if he could even speak one-on-one with anyone else most of the time; sometimes his words simply failed to work properly, and he ended up stuttering and sputtering like a moron. He listened to King speak of his family, and nodded his head a few times—his father lived in a different pack, too, so that didn't strike him as strange. “Yeah, my dad lives in Crimson Dreams,” he explained. “That must be nice being the alpha's little brother, though,” he said, tilting his head to the side. “I bet you could get away with a lot if you wanted.” He didn't do a whole lot of bad things, himself—but he liked to feel like he could do what he wanted, and he loved the thrill of being alone and away from packlands and his mother and his sisters. “Larkspur said most of my distant family lives far away,” the youth said, a frown on his own chestnut-brushed face. He didn't like that, really—the further away they were, the harder it would be to maybe find them someday to learn from them, if it ended up that Larkspur couldn't provide all the answers. He hoped he didn't have to go, but if it came to that, he would.

<style>
.harlowe-tree-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-tree p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-tree b {color:#191F13; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-tree {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#B5C1A6; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_tree.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:10px 0px 35px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#414F31; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread