a poison on the street.
[html]

(355.)

King knew why his own father was no longer in this pack—he had been usurped by a pack that felt they no longer wanted them, a son whom thought he could more effectively rule. But their peace was broken, something sickening and stagnant in the air, and the young Chance boy hated it. He didn't know where Haku Soul was, and he wished that he did so he could try to see him again. It wasn't like Harlowe, who knew that his father was in a place called Crimson Dreams. "I've never heard of that place," the boy replied as he continued recklessly through the Dahlian lands. And when it came to the other youth commenting about getting away with things, King only had to snort with laughter. "He would probably rather it the other way, not that I care what he says." There was contempt for the Alpha Male in his voice and he didn't care—he did not keep his opinions hidden when he did deign to speak. When King had wanted something, he would get it; if he wanted to do something, he would do it. Consequences were almost nonexistent, and he would probably laugh at whoever wanted to change that.

He guessed that everyone's really distant family lived far away, though the wolf decided to spare that comment in a rare hint of mercifulness toward the older boy. "Mine too. Apparently I've got tons of family, and a lot of them have been here at one point. Most aren't, though." Still, a lot were still. King knew that he had loads of half-siblings lying around all over the place, and probably even more cousins and aunts and uncles and whatnot. He tried not to think of it most of the time. He knew who were important to him, and that was all he cared about. "Why is it that you want to learn about your family so much? Is it that interesting?" The youth asked because he almost never inquired about his own—he wondered if there was some great difference between them, or if he himself was missing something.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread