a poison on the street.
[html]

lmfao I DO WHAT I WANT ((411))

Harlowe was enjoying his surroundings, his olive-colored eyes sweeping over the nice Dahlia de Mai lands. It was cool sneaking in here with King—Harlowe wasn't sure that it was wrong, but it felt rather sneaky, and so he liked it. Maybe King was really allowed to take people into the pack—Naniko had always told him to stay away from the borders if he could. He didn't patrol like the older wolves; he probably wouldn't be any good at greeting newcomers anyway. As King spoke again, Harlowe looked back toward him. “Well, it's a long way from Phoenix Valley. Gotta go through the city and around some other pack and over some hills before you even get there,” he said, sounding rather indifferent to the whole mess—it didn't occur to him that it was abnormal for puppies' fathers to be away. Delwyn hadn't spoken about his father, and King also had a father who did not live with him, therefore it was normal.

“Yeah? Well, then he's an oaf anyway then,” the tawny-furred youth declared. King made it pretty obvious he wasn't his brother's biggest fan, and so Harlowe felt confident in saying something that agreed with what King seemed to imply. “You should do what you want,” the chocolate-tipped youth said. He had the feeling King would do what he wanted anyway, but just in case, Harlowe decided to reinforce the idea. He liked King—after the initial hiccup, it was really easy to talk to him. He was a good conversationalist in Harlowe's eyes. “Wow. Maybe everyone here has a big family?” the pallid wolf wondered. “Maybe we're related,” he said, that thought stopping him in his tracks. He took a long look at King. They didn't look anything alike—but maybe! It was always a possibility.

At the question, Harlowe's chocolate-colored nose wrinkled, and the youth tilted his head to the side, considering. “Well... they're a piece of me, too. My mom's parents were part of her, right? And their parents before them, and back... back as far as I can go,” he said, hesitating. It was hard to formulate what he wanted to say—in the end, he could only shrug. “I want to learn about them if I can,” he added. It was lame reasoning, really—but Harlowe was fascinated with his family, and he wanted to know everything he could about them. Larkspur was really interesting, maybe they were all really interesting, too.

<style>
.harlowe-wrong-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-wrong {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-wrong b {color:#485748; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-wrong {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#2F352E; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_wrong.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:290px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread