a poison on the street.
[html]

LOL I LOVE IT (503.)

King surely didn't think that he was doing anything wrong—in his mind, all of his actions were universally justified. In this case, it wasn't as though he was going to allow Harlowe to do anything wrong inside Dahlian lands, and the youth didn't think that they had any secrets to keep from anyone. Their pack was pretty boring in his mind, actually; some forests, some old human towns, yawn. And yet the puppy hadn't really been stricken by any desire to go about wandering outside of the territory yet. He knew that he wasn't big and strong enough to face whatever he might find out there and—despite what he might say—he did intend on respecting his mother's wishes most of the time. So, as he listened to Harlowe describe what it took to get to this place called Crimson Dreams, he couldn't really make any mental map. He had only been outside Dahlian lands a few times, and always with someone. Still, he nodded and said, "I guess you don't see him much." That was certainly something that they had in common, though he wasn't sure what the D'Angelo's relationship with his own father was. Perhaps not as intricate as King's idolatry.

A quick, fierce smile appeared on the kid's face at the Valley wolf's comment on his half-brother. King was usually a prickly creature and quite hard to get on the good side of, but insulting his "enemies" was certainly one of the quicker routes to it. It had certainly lifted Harlowe several pegs in his eyes. Complimenting him was another one, and it made the arrogant kid's tail wag slightly to hear. "I do," he assured the older puppy, his face smug. He had to make sure he understood that King was just that cool. And as for them being related, King would not put it past him. "I don't know—maybe. I'll ask." Eventually he had come to assume that he was related to everyone who had been around for a while in this area. Most of the time, he was right.

Harlowe's reasoning for wanting to know about his family was something that King understood, but only marginally. It was rather the conflict of someone that was so self-centered (King) to someone who wasn't as much (Harlowe). Feeling the need to make a point to the older pup, the Dahlian paused in his travels and turned to face the pale wolf. "It's always good to know about things like that, but just know that your family does not make you who you are. They helped, sure, but they don't control what you think in the morning, or what you do in the day. Sometimes the best way to learn is to learn about yourself first." With that and a flick of his wiry tail he turned, and was just about to depart before looking back and adding, "Just an opinion." And then he started along their merry way again, as if it had never been interrupted.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread