a poison on the street.
[html]

we could probably cap this one after your post?! or mine? :O

Disappointment flashed across Harlowe's face as King spoke again, and he slowly shook his head from side to side, his chocolate-furred ears lowering almost flat against his head again. “No. He just said he lived here,” the tawny-furred child said lamely, sighing himself. “Even if we don't find him, though,” he said, perking up somewhat. “I'm glad I met you.” It was perhaps the most confident thing the Valley wolf had said all day—he was certain he liked King, and he hoped the feeling was reciprocated. “I'm sorry if I wasted your time,” he said honestly, frowning.

Harlowe realized he ought to learn about his father's family as well, but he knew they were all there—his aunts and cousins and everyone lived in Crimson Dreams together, and he could visit all of them at any time. His mother's family, however, was mysteriously absent. It had been just Naniko and his aunt Pontiac until Larkspur had showed up in Harlowe's life. This had intrigued Harlowe, perhaps evident of his persistent interest in books and knowledge rather than people—his father's family was living, and thus he was exposed to everything about them, faults included. He remembered meeting all of them during their family meeting, and he had been utterly overwhelmed by the crowd.

<style>
.harlowe-scared-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.harlowe-scared p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.harlowe-scared b {color:#FFF161; font-weight:bold;}
.harlowe-scared {width:420px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/harlowe/harlowe_scared.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DF9F21; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread