a poison on the street.
[html]

(318.)

He knew how hopeless their haphazard quest was from experience—to pass the time, King would wander through Dahlian lands. Some days he would not see any other person; he would get plenty of scents, some fresh, but to actually encounter someone without planning to was not a very common happening. It was not even a guarantee that Larkspur was in Dahlia right now; many went out into the surrounding lands to explore, meet people, scavenge for leftover human artifacts, that sort of thing. So, seeing as though Harlowe didn't know the specifics of where they might find his (distant) uncle, they probably would not see them today.

King Chance slowed his pace, looking to Harlowe when he surmised that the day had not been a total waste for him. The younger boy's ears perked slightly as he heard that he had been the reason for this—it was strange, he would not have thought himself to be the high point of anyone's day, especially with the looks that most folks gave him. He was struck with an awkward silence for a moment before nodding brusquely, his wiry tail flicking. "I'm glad I met you too, Harlowe," he said quietly, continuing, "And no—you didn't waste my time at all. I'm just sad that we couldn't find Larkspur for you."

The boy directed his fierce blue gaze around, knowing instinctually how best to get to the borders from here. But he didn't set off just yet, this time waiting to see if Harlowe was good with the plan. "I guess I should get you back to the borders. If you—uh—ever want to come back and try to find your uncle again, just give me a call and I'll get to you if I can." And then, when he got the good-to-go from the Valley kid, he would start along the way out of Dahlia de Mai.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread