you painted the sky back to blue
[html]

300+

There wasn't any cause for Rurik to fear her growing too attached to him. She had no intentions of falling in love and following him around like some lovesick pup. Rikka believed in the power of love, but did not feel that love between two people as partners was everlasting. She had tried once, she had given her heart away, and it had come back to her broken. Entrusting anyone with your whole heart was a foolish thing she had learned, and she had never let herself feel that way again. Being both lover and friend to the Russian man would be perfect, she didn't need nor want anything more than that. This was the way she liked things.

Despite her respect and love for her brother, she knew that there was a darkness inside of him. It was impossible to escape with the blood they had. Their litter had gotten a double dose, Lykoi and de le Poer. Rikka herself sometimes wondered why it was that she didn't seem to be affected by the same maladies that most of her family held. Maybe she didn't have any, or maybe it was small enough for her to keep it at bay. Whichever the case was, she hoped it would stay that way. "Yes, he does. He saw it when I refused to see it myself." Her pride had blinded her, but Gabriel had opened her eyes and set her back on the path that was right for her. Rikka couldn't help but laugh again at his joke, her voice ringing like bells in the confined space. "Of course. If the rest of them are anything like you, Rurik, I'm sure I'll love it here." It felt good to laugh again. She couldn't think of the last time she had truly laughed like that.

A bright smile spread over her face as he confirmed that the two relatives he had here were his children. Oh, how she wished to be a mother someday. "That's wonderful. Children are a blessing, you're a lucky man," she said sincerely. Rikka didn't begrudge those that had children while she was left wanting. It wasn't their fault, and she could never be upset over anyone else's happiness. It wasn't in her to feel that way. Nodding her head at his offer she agreed, "I will, promise." A thought came back to her though, and she now felt foolish for saying she didn't need anything. "Actually, I just remembered. I'd like to put a canopy out front of here, so I'll need some wooden poles to put in the ground outside. Could we find something like that in the pack?" She could probably manage to find some and put them up herself, but it would be easier with some help. This wouldn't interfere with their talking, either.

<style type="text/css">
.Rikka001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f8f8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rikka001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; text-align:right;}
.Rikka001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rikka001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#6e989a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... kka001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dbe1e1; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread