you painted the sky back to blue
[html]

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that avatar XD 300+

It wasn't so much places that held her to stay in a certain area, but the people in them. She had wandered for a good deal of her life because she had never felt she truly belonged in any group that she came across. Most were blessed to be born into somewhere that held their core values and comforts, but Rikka hadn't been so lucky. Her family had been good to her, for the most part, but she had never been able to follow Inferni's doctrines. It was the people and the belonging that had kept her in The Haight, and it was her family that had drawn her back here. It was those connections that mattered, though she of course loved the land as well. The enlightened fey loved all of Mother Earth though, so that was no stretch.

It was good to hear herself laugh too, and she almost said so, but kept her mouth shut, thanking her kind Russian companion only with her gaze. She didn't think she'd ever found such warmth in a shade of ice blue, outside of his eyes. Rurik's seeming hesitance, or was it guilt, at the subject of his children perplexed her. Rikka looked at him with concern, her head tilting to one side as he explained the rift between him and his elder children. The empathetic hybrid could tell how much it pained him and she reached out to grasp his hand softly. "I'm sorry Rurik. I hope you'll find them. I'm sure they still love you though," she reassured, smile returning slowly. "I was away from my family for a long time, and my mother and I have always had arguments and disagreements. I've been very mad at her before, but I never stopped loving her. I'm sure your sons feel the same." True, she didn't know the details of the situation, but if she could still love Kaena despite everything, surely his sons could still love him.

Rurik pondered her question for a moment and her ears perked at the mention of the stables. She had loved watching the horses in Chimera, she hadn't known that Cour des Miracles had any. He explained why he believed the stables would have what she was looking for, and it seemed logical to her. At his last offer she shook her head though, rising back up to stand. "No, no, I'll go with you. I'd like to see where the stables are. I've spent too much time cooped up these past few months." The woman didn't want to sit alone by herself in the dark anymore. "Besides, I have to make sure you get the right thing," she teased, pinching his side lightly.

<style type="text/css">
.Rikka001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f8f8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rikka001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; text-align:right;}
.Rikka001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rikka001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#6e989a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... kka001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dbe1e1; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread