you painted the sky back to blue
[html]

It didn't surprise her that Rurik had heard of the concept of Mother Nature before. He was a worldly man and surely he would have come across some that held to the same type of ideals as she herself did. "Yes, I love it. I hadn't heard about it until I came to the commune I lived in before returning here, but I haven't left that life behind. I still believe in all those things. Peace, love, and happiness man," she said looking back at him with a bright smile. Rikka found the various beliefs and gods that people subscribed to endlessly fascinating, and so she drank it up as Rurik spoke of one of the Russian beliefs. "Oh yes? I know some people call the ocean Father, but I've never really thought about it like that. I mean, the sea's just another part of the Earth, yeah?" Everything was part of Nature, and they were all children of that Mother.

At her companion's surprised question she pondered for a moment. She guessed there had been other animals around, but nothing like horses. "Well, I guess there were some other animals. They just didn't like anyone having animals that could be used as 'beasts of burden', if you know what I mean. You could have other animal friends, but not any you used for labor or anything like that." There hadn't been an outright ban on it, just as with eating meat, it was just looked down upon and most people didn't have any desire for such things.

<style type="text/css">
.Rikka001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f5f8f8; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rikka001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; text-align:right;}
.Rikka001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rikka001 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#6e989a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... kka001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dbe1e1; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe1e1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread