Seeking to Join
Tynan walked to a grassy spot near Conor and sat down before telling the brief story in response to his question. Although he was young when he was forced to leave his home, he was old enough to have created memories that would last him for the rest of his life. He spoke a little slower than before as he sought out these old memories in his mind. "I can't say how common aggressive packs were in our area. All I know is our lands were invaded by a larger pack when I was around a year old. Fighting did not break out. We were only a handful strong, and knew we would not of stood a chance in any kind of fight. It was fight or leave, so we left."

Finishing his brief tale, he stood once more and gave a reassuring smile. His green eyes showed no anger, only satisfaction. "But that is the past, and it cannot be changed. It is better to move on with one's life and make the future better."

Tynan took a few paces before looking back and asking a last question to Conor. "Now that I feel a little more confident, I wouldn't mind taking that rest. Any suggestions for the best place to take a quick nap?"

Messages In This Thread