Merry Melodies
500+
[html]

It had taken some time but Anann had finally found something of a daily routine. While she no longer slept at the stables, she was there in the mornings. Tending to her own horse as well as giving the others a once over. She knew Heath kept a close eye on his herd but only good could come from having another set of eyes to look over them. Mucking out the stalls was another chore she had assigned herself. One that had her looking forward to the day when most the horses could be put out in the paddocks. The warming of the spring air a sure sign that it wasn't too far away.

Now that Rem had gained back the weight he had lost it was time that he got back into shape. So she had added his exercise regiment to her morning routine as well. Longeing the large stallion out in one of the training rings about every other morning. On the other days she would go for a ride. Either in the ring or sometimes down along the beach. The thick sand making things slightly more difficult and giving the horse a harder workout. This morning though she opted to run him through some reining patterns. It was more to work on his gaits and lead changes since reins were something else that was never used. The only equipment the large stallion ever needed was harness or his war armor. And only when it was necessary . Otherwise Anann rode the horse without any tack at all. It was the way it had always been with the pair.

Satisfied with Rem's training for the day, Anann directed her large steed back towards the barn. Dismounting outside the large barn door, Anann headed for the tack room leaving Rem to make his way to his stall next to lumeire. The amber hued fem couldn't remember if she had seen a harness amongst the various tack. Soon she would need one and if there wasn't one she would have to make one. A task that needed to be done sooner rather than later. A quick glance revealed nothing. Hearing a knicker, one obvious belonging to Rem, Anann hurriedly grabbed a brush and curry comb and headed to deal with her horse. Surely the knicker meant that Heath was here as Rem usually greeted most others with a snort. "Heath do you know if there is a harness..." She stopped mid sentence. The back that faced her was not Heath's. Not even close. The scent of the woman told Anann all she needed to know and though she had yet to meet the woman Anann knew her instantly, for her scent was part of Heath's. Oh! I'm sorry Ruri. From the sounds of my horse I was sure you were Heath. If your looking for him I don't think he is here right now." Anann's tail waved behind her. Glad to finally meet the mate of her friend. "I'm Anann by the way." She had know way of knowing if Heath had told his mate about her and their friendship and no reason to think he had not. However the coy-wolf was a man of few words and Anann knew relatively little about his mate. Only her name and that she was second in command of the Miracles pack. Its wonderful to finally meet you ma'am."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread