Merry Melodies
[html]

Word Count:500+

Having entered the stables, Ruri made a beeline for Stark's stall. Her keen nose knew the unique scent of the pale stallion and she quickly singled him out among the other horses in the stables. There were more horses indoors than Ruri's previous visits. That meant more members were claiming horses, for if she remembered correctly only the claimed horses were given specific stalls. That was good, there certainly were plenty of horses to choose from and Heath loved teaching people how to care for them. He told her so often. Soleil had already climbed up into the rafters of the tremendous building, keeping an eye on his mistress from above. He could smell the numerous mice in the area, the stables reeked of the tiny vermin, but he could not leave Ruri not without making sure she was alright. Even a kitten had to have his priorities.

The silver and ivory woman was halfway to the stall of her horse before a voice spoke to her from behind. Someone had momentarily mistaken her for her mate, the Marshal of Cour des Miracles. Whirling around to face the stranger she sent her long silver locks whipping around her body, leading her to have to push them back over her shoulder to their proper place. The woman soon corrected herself, even addressing the Dauphine by name, though Ruri was certain she had yet to officially meet the woman. The woman's scent was familiar; she had smelled it faintly upon her entry into the stables. She was obviously friendly so the lautari felt no need to be nervous, and when Anann finished her greeting the blind woman responded with a smile, "Nice to meet you as well Anann. I'm sorry if I disturbed your horse, I was just coming to see mine. Well, he belongs to Heath just as much as me, but Heath said that he missed me so I was dropping by to visit. No need to call me ma'am or anything like that." By now her plumed tail had picked up a gentle wag of its own. Meeting new people was always nice, especially when they were friendly. If Anann and Heath were friends then the woman was obviously a good person. So, naturally the collie girl accepted her openly.

Soleil on the other hand was not quite so easily accepting of strangers. At the sudden appearance of this stranger, he had positioned himself on a beam directly above Ruri, ready to pounce down upon Anann at the slightest provocation. As usual, the stranger was quickly recognized as a friendly presence after his mistress exhibited a welcoming attitude towards the other woman. Now satisfied that his blind owner was safe, the flame orange, Maine Coon returned to his previous task, the hunt for mice.

"Which horse is yours Anann?" the Dauphine quickly questioned, pupil-less blue eyes dancing about briefly before focusing in the other woman's direction. Ruri felt a strong affection for the large, hoofed animals that her mate cared for and she relished the chance to meet Anann's. Plus, such a thing would keep the conversation going.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread