Merry Melodies
[html]

WC: 600+

Anann's explanation of her horse's reaction made immediate sense to the blind woman. The horse had reacted to her similarly to her mate; perhaps he had smelled Heath on her fur. Or perhaps there was some other reason that Ruri could not fathom. All that mattered was that she hadn't upset Rem by her presence. The friendly collie woman was instantly comfortable with Anann, in part because the woman was obviously friends with Heath but also because of the woman's amiable nature. Anann acted like she already knew Ruri even before they met, and the delicate lautari knew already that they would be good friends. That would be very important for Ruri as she was always trying to make new friends. She would have to invite Anann over to have a meal with Heath and herself at their home. That was one of the many things friends did, that's just how it worked.
As the two women wandered closer towards Stark, Lumiere, and Rem, Ruri ran her hands along the edge of Stark's stall door, waiting for the horse to touch it as he always did. Sure enough, like clockwork Stark came over and touched his soft nose to the blind woman's ivory hand, before slowly sticking his head all the way out of the stall for Ruri to pet him. Though Ruri had not seen him in at least a month, Stark remembered the routine. It was as if he knew that he couldn't just poke his head out and touch the Dauphine without startling her. He had learned to wait for her to initiate the contact. With the touch to her hand, Ruri immediately patted her steed on the nose, moving her hand to his neck as he leaned out of the stall. "Hi there, Stark! I guess you really did miss me," she giggled as the horse pressed gently against her strokes. Turning back to Anann, the lautari heard her question. It was true that Ruri and Heath had only ridden a few times before the winter had fully set in, but with the weather warming she was going to make an effort to ride with her mate as often as possible. "No, not as much as we'd like to. It was too hard for me during the winter to be outside for very long, so I usually just settled for visiting occasionally, when the snow wasn't too deep. We're going to be riding a lot, though, now that warmer weather is on the way," she responded, turning again to her horse and running her delicate fingers down his strong neck.
The next words out of the other woman's mouth formed another question, but one that Ruri was not quite expecting. She could groom him? That was alright? She'd never done so before, mostly because Heath had already done it whenever she had come by the stables. "I-I'd love to, but I think you'll have to teach me how. I've never gotten the chance to do that before," she replied, her nightingale's voice carrying an excited tone.
Soleil by now was up in the loft, searching out the numerous mice he knew were lurking in the hay bales. The young Maine coon cat was satisfied that his blind owner was in safe hands, leaving him to focus fully on his favorite pastime. No mouse was safe from his clutches once he was on their trail. Tufted, triangular ears were constantly swiveling back and forth searching for the classic scurrying noises made by frightened mice as they sought to flee from him. He would eat well today. Perhaps he would even take a gift to his mistress. He knew Ruri never ate the mice, but it was in his nature to make the gesture just the same. The young feline would not be surprised if Ruri gave him the mouse later to eat. In a way, giving a mouse to Ruri was a way of saving a bit of his favorite food for later

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread