Merry Melodies
[html]

Ruri :] 2

The blind Border collie was focused intently on brushing Stark. Her left hand felt around for the dirt and then her right hand dragged the brush over the area, with just a bit of pressure. She sure hoped she was doing this well. She did not want to brush Stark badly. He was such a nice horse, and he deserved only the best care. Anann's encouragement made Ruri feel a bit better about her work thus far, and when the more experienced woman offered to show her the proper technique the Dauphine could not help but nod eagerly. "I don't mind at all. I was actually just about to ask you if you would show me," she replied, smiling excitedly. This was lots of fun, and Anann seemed to be enjoying the opportunity to teach her. It was clear that the two women were going to be fast friends, for they already seemed to be predicting one anothers' questions and actions as friends do.

As Anann stood behind her, placing her hand on Ruri's and showing her the proper level of pressure to apply as well as the proper motion, the lautari listened attentively to each and every instruction the Kelevra woman gave. The sensitive optime also couldn't help but memorize the feel of Anann's hand against hers. This woman was very strong, far stronger than she was. Perhaps she was a bit of a warrior, or something of that nature. Her hands felt rough, and yet a feminine gentleness lurked beneath the roughness. When the Anann had finished showing her, Ruri smiled, her nightingale voice chiming, "Thanks Anann, I think I've got the hang of this now."

In fact she did, she finished up with brushing Stark's neck, and was starting on the shoulders. She had started to notice the brush was sliding along the stallion's shoulders far easier than it had when she had first started on his neck. It was just then that Anann spoke up again, this time addressing a potential problem that might arise from the fact that horses shed their hair a lot at this time of year. Her brush was probably clogged. Then, before Ruri could get her mouth open to ask, the other woman was right there showing her how to remove the hair from the brush so that she could keep going. "Thanks again, Anann. I really like doing this, it's a lot of fun. Maybe sometime, when Heath's around, we can all go for a ride together or something like that. Maybe you can come over to our cabin to have dinner sometime. Heath and I are getting pretty good at cooking together." The invitation was something Ruri was more than happy to extend. She was really enjoying Anann's company and since Heath and Anann were already friends it only made sense to invite her over. The only one in their little family who had yet to meet Anann officially was Soleil and he was too busy hunting mice to meet her at the moment.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread