Merry Melodies
[html]

Ruri :] 2

Stroke after gentle stroke the lautari continued to brush the dirt from her pale steed's fur. Every so often she paused to remove the excess fur clogging the brush, just as Anann had shown her. "That's right, horses sleep standing up. I almost forgot!" she giggled in response to Anann's comment. The slight woman was happy that her horse was enjoying himself, after all that had been her goal in learning to brush him. Ruri couldn't quite fathom sleeping while standing up, purely because she enjoyed the feeling of sleeping on a nice soft bed, with her mate's arms wrapped around her. She could not imagine wanting to sleep any other way. However, the more she thought about it, it made lots of sense that a horse that spent so much time on its feet would sleep standing up.

When Anann agreed that they should all go for a ride as a group sometime, Ruri nodded showing her excitement at the idea. She could almost picture it in her head, sort of. All three of them would be talking, Heath on Lumiere, Anann on Rem, and she on Stark. It would be just grand! At the return invitation to come over and eat with Anann when her home was finished, the lautari replied, "Oh definitely, we'd love to come. Let me know if you need any help finding things for your house. When I moved into the cabin, it had old pieces of furniture already inside, so I didn't have to go searching, but I know of a few places in Lunenburg that have some furniture. We'll have to work on that," she replied, almost dead set on the idea that she would help Anann furnish her soon to be built home. Ruri was fairly useless when it came to most manual labor, but she knew where to find good, soft pillows, blankets, even the odd chair or two in Lunenburg. She did not doubt that she could help Anann find all the stuff she might need to make her house more comfortable to live in.

The question that came from the other woman caught Ruri a bit off guard. She had to pause for a moment, in her brushing to think back to the day, remembering every detail vividly. No one had ever asked her about how she and Heath had met before. It was one of her favorite memories, and yet she had not been given the opportunity to tell it. Once satisfied with how she would answer Anann's question, Ruri resumed brushing Stark and began, "Well, it was almost a year ago now, before the pack was formed even. Jacquez and I had just been in a shipwreck off the coast of these lands, and I had washed ashore separated from him. A few days after I was rescued and brought to safety, I was sitting outside the cabin which at the time I shared with another woman, one of the pack's founding members. She was gone for the day, and I hadn't lived in the area long enough to know my way around. I was really depressed and worried about Jacquez. I worried that he had died and that I'd never see him again. I must confess that when I get sad I have a tendency to get very depressed as well," she paused for a second to catch her breath and gather her thoughts before continuing,"Anyway, Heath had just happened to be walking down the beach when he saw me sitting beside the cabin crying. In all honesty he surprised me and I was a bit frightened at first. But he apologized for startling me, and then...we got to talking and basically, he encouraged me. He made me feel better. It was weird, because at the time we were complete strangers to each other, but we ended up having a really good talk and when we were done I wasn't so sad anymore. From that day forward he just started visiting me more and more often until he actually joined the pack when it formed...the rest is history." With her story finished, she turned towards Anann, milky blue eyes dancing about randomly, ears focused on the woman, listening for her response.

<style type="text/css">
.Ruri002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fbef95; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ruri002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fbef95; text-align:right;}
.Ruri002 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ruri002 {margin:0 auto; width:335px; background-color:#030305; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uri002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fbef95; padding: 210px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdb1c6; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread