Living Life With No Sense of Time
[html]

I used to be afraid of beaks when I was little, but then my family got our parrots and I've grown to just have a healthy respect for them. My dad, who has handled exotic birds for most of his life, told me that I had to realize that birds will bite me because that's just what they do sometimes. I had to teach myself that if I let the fear control me I would never be able to control a bird. So, needless to say almost a decade later I'm still handling birds, I've been bit a few times, nothing too severe though. It just takes time and patience to teach yourself. Don't give up ^_^

Niro spoke of her friends, though she doubted he had met all of them yet. Since she had not named any names she couldn't know for sure, but she knew he was right all the same. His philosophy about others made her smile, for she shared a similar if not identical view of those she met."That's a good way to make friends. If you start out acting like someone is your friend, being friendly yourself, then people seem to generally want to be your friend too. It's not a sure fire thing, but it does seem pretty reliable," she replied, her nightingale's voice ringing in a positive tone.

The silence that fell after her question about falconers was expected by the lithe woman, and she sat quietly to allow Niro the appropriate time to formulate his answer. Half-folded, collie ears were perked and focused forward, her milky blue eyes directed towards him, and her hands neatly folded in her lap as the Dauphine waited to be taught the difference between a falconer and a regular hunter. Then the explanation came. Falcons were obviously predatory birds, evidently with incredibly good eyesight that they utilized to find their prey from high up in the air. A falconer's job was to train his falcon, hawk, or eagle to find prey and lead the falconer to it. What a brilliant idea, at least so it seemed to Ruri. Finding prey faster was always a good thing, and using creative ways to do it only made it more fun right? "So...you train birds to help hunt food. In turn, I'm assuming you feed and care for the bird...sort of like a pet? The only reason I ask it that way is because my mate and I have a cat that we feed and take care of, in turn he keeps us company and keeps the mice away from our house. He's a member of our family, I guess you could say. Is that how falconers are with their birds?" The blue merle Border collie hybrid was curious to learn if birds could be kept in a similar fashion to cats. After all, they were both predatory species, just like luperci. However, she assumed there was likely something more to training and caring for a large bird than keeping a pet cat. After all, Niro said he first needed to catch one. That in itself seemed to entail a lot of work.

[/html]
WC:400+

Messages In This Thread