Living Life With No Sense of Time
[html]

That's understandable, I handle macaws occasionally, but I don't think I'll ever stop being a little apprehensive. I just cheat when the birds start getting feisty. I'll start playing with their beak so they don't have time to focus on biting my hand. The strategy usually works, but not all the time. Some of the older birds seem wise to the trick, but it's fun to see them try to outwit me.

Ruri listened to the distinction Niro made about the birds, that they were companions not pets. That made sense. She didn't really see Soleil as a pet either, but he was definitely more than just a companion. He was a member of her and Heath's small family and was treated as such. "It certainly sounds like you've thought this all through very thoroughly. I'm sure that your birds will be more than happy to stay with you with all of this good treatment they'll be getting. She replied, smiling to emphasize her encouraging words. She was genuinely interested in the idea of keeping large, predatory birds, though she knew such a thing would be impossible for her. Keeping an animal that relied so much on it's eyes would be almost impossible for one without the use of her own eyes.

When the Takekuro male turned the discussion to her cat, the slight collie woman grinned again, always happy to tell other's about her fluffy, orange, feline companion. "He's a very sweet little animal. My mate and I found him in the stables one day. My mate is Heath Morte dre Soul, the pack Marshal, by the way. Soleil, that's my kitten's name, sort of adopted Heath and I before we adopted him. He's lived with us for several months now, and he seems to like it. Heath and I love him a lot. He usually follows me everywhere, but today he was occupied with hunting mice around the house or something, so he didn't notice me leaving," she giggled, her mind drifting to thoughts of the growing, adolescent Maine Coon slinking about the cabin looking for his rodent quarry. He seemed to always get so absorbed in his task, even Ruri's calls rarely broke his concentration. If Niro was interested perhaps she'd make it a point to bring Soleil to the hotel to show him sometime.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread