think of me fondly
[html]

WC: 260 // ahh same here! ^^;; no worries!

Ehno offered her his hand, and she gingerly took it, stepping out from beneath the splayed branches of the orchard tree. "Th... thanks," she added shyly, offering him a true smile. He really was a nice guy - it must be a woodworker thing. So far, those she had met who were good with their hands were universally gentle and kind, Ehno being the epitome of this generalization. She, on the other hand, seemed to get more and more clumsy and awkward as life went on... He must have such a patronizing opinion of her.

She blurted out her question, and there was a moment of silence; droning bees and rustling leaves filled the air between them as the man deliberated how to respond. Colibri realized she was being too forward, and was about to backpedal and say he did not have to answer something so personal, but by then he was already speaking. Keep the good things in your thoughts.

Easier said than done, but oh, he just looked so happy when he said it... "What good things do you carry with you? If... you don't mind me asking," she added in a rush, hoping she wasn't making her packmate too uncomfortable with her awkward questions. He was probably used to her by now, but she worried all the same. "Someone once told me... 'Find something to do to channel your feelings'. Does that work too? I... I'm sorry for pestering you..." Her shoulders sagged a little, ears tilting back an apprehensive notch. Did Ehno know anything about relationships?

Table by Shannon!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread