set me free, your heaven's a lie
[html]

His appearance was unmistakable. He'd come out of nowhere, with no warning, and Kol had recognized that ragged and tawny form immediately as he'd come at them in his battle-ready form. The black Stormbringer's violet eyes flashed with hatred as she shifted to protect the smaller form of Bris, and she took the time to shift to her midform while she waited for the inevitable confrontation. Bones thickened, muscle tightened, Kol's entire form grew larger as she forced herself into her secui form. She had no idea what the monster's intentions would be, but there was no way she'd let him get a finger on her sister.

"Who the hell is that? What does he want?" Bris' voice rose behind Kol in startlement and indignation, and Kol knew the girl intended to help if things got ugly. The older woman shot her sister a don't-even-think-about-it look, and Bris stopped her own shift before it had even begun. Kol knew what she was doing, and the younger girl resigned herself to staying in lupus form behind her. "I don't know his name, but he's one of Gabriel's little pets. Listen, if things get bad, I want you to run as fast as you can back home and get help, ok? Don't hesitate, just run." Bris nodded in answer, and Kol mustered up a weak but encouraging smile in return.

An irritated growl rumbled in Kol's chest as the male spat his words at the pair, her lip curling into a snarl. "The last I checked, these lands were neutral territory, dog, unclaimed by your master. What business is it of yours what we chose to do here? Get the hell out of our way and run back to Gabriel, just like last time. At least this time you won't need his voice to help guide you back home." She hadn't intended to be so confrontational in her words, but the rage she felt toward the red-eyed dog had nothing at all to do with Inferni. "Matter of fact, why don't you run home and fetch Anselm for us, since that's who we were coming to see? At least he's got some sense in his brain, which is much more than I can say for an obedient little lapdog like you." Behind her, Kol could feel the steady form of Bris, uncertain but completely trusting that everything would be ok.

Table by Tay

[/html]

Messages In This Thread